[PD] advertising paradises (was: Why in Brasil and how?)

PORRES mentalosmosis at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 08:52:38 CEST 2007

> that same old advertisement about "beach paradises" bored me

Funny, cause it was supposed to be a negative advertisement... once the pdCon is being considered in Sao Paulo... (the urban inferno) in a sense that people should be prepared not to find that kind of paradise on these parts... and I bet they do (who doesnt?).

But then, if people would like to see some paradise (beware of sharks) try to fit some papers into SBCM ( http://gsd.ime.usp.br/sbcm/2007/english/index.html ) in case both of them do happen one after the other :)

glerm soares <organismo at gmail.com> wrote: Hi folks.
I didn't mean to be the annoying guy, "fundamentalist" or whatever.
But that same old advertisement about "beach paradises" bored me and I overreacted. :P
 I'd like you too find another reasons to know people far from your blocks.

I hope this meeting happens.

But beeing truly honest - I just prefer to be the one that could help things work in the "informal world", with people meeting for happenings, hack afternoons, residences or simply to know good people and plan something intersting together.

By "show business" I just meant something  like events that works with idea of "names", pedestals, tables, glasses of water over it and where people don't get really in touch because of the pedestals.  Sorry, I just felt unconfortable about that, and I had to express it. But I know you understand what I mean. Just bringing the problem to discuss...

About linux or "fundamentalism" . Just consider that Brasil  __needs__ free software - and to respect and take this seriously could really support the development of such scenarios (wich PD is included ).

I'm just estimulating this idea. Sorry about the jokes, but I stand my position that I'd prefer too stimulate DYI attitudes. We really need that here.

A public University in Brasil supporting expensive device and software (and estimulating spoiled fetishisms) is not intelligent. But this an old flame war. I'm tired too feed it. "Think different"... whatever..

Sarava für alles... salut...

see you soon

glerm