[PD] Why in Brasil and how?

PORRES mentalosmosis at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 09:02:03 CEST 2007

marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
I think a pd conv in brazil only makes sense, if it is in connection
with a knowledge flow and general (financial) flow/support from north to
south. it should encourage the local community and their work. like it
did in graz and montreal. there should be money from the european
community to support the relationship to south american countries.

alexandre porres is writting:

Well, I dont know wether there it should be money from north... but Hey, if there is... Wonderful :) Now... where is it? :)

Seriously, the main cost I see is the travel expenses from north to south... maybe, in advance, people could manage this funding help you mention specifically to this purpose. An european budget to make people in Europe travel up here or elsewhere... that makes sense. But then, tell me more about what you mean please...

It should definately encourage the local community and their work. Of course :) is that like something that would justify raising funds? Like some sort of "Foster help" thing?

cheers
alex

marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote: glerm soares wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I didn't mean to be the annoying guy, "fundamentalist" or whatever.

what would be the opposite of fundamentalist?

why brazil? and how? why open source?

I just looked up the prize for a MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 15inch in sao paulo
and it was 10612 brazilian real (about 5400$) the same macbook has a
regular prize of 2499$ + 200 tax in the US.

the majority of rich people believes: making the rich richer is good for
everybody (at least that is how they vote all the time).

the rest believes: helping as many people as possible to live a worthy
life is good for everybody.

I think a pd conv in brazil only makes sense, if it is in connection
with a knowledge flow and general (financial) flow/support from north to
south. it should encourage the local community and their work. like it
did in graz and montreal. there should be money from the european
community to support the relationship to south american countries.

marius.