[PD] pdpedia test sites

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 6 09:21:58 CEST 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, ild0012 at londonmet.ac.uk wrote:

> to me, the whole media-wiki thing seems too clone all over in a bad way,
> it smoothes the identities away from the www space ..

The web has always been about sharing content. The identity thing is
something that people tacked on it however they could. The
original WikiWikiWeb was about content and just content. MediaWiki isn't
much different, it only has a broader definition of content.

Maybe you still want years and years of shovelfuls and truckfuls and
planetfuls of different user interfaces that are different from each other
for the only reason that people want to differentiate each other. If you
were actually focusing on content you wouldn't want that.

> it just next to google, working together for globalisation of the web.

The problem with globalisation as it's been portrayed in news is that it's
the one-sided story of a group of investors that want to have more power
than governments. Globalisation is also about people around the world
being more connected to each other, and it is also other things, but those
investors precisely want you to confuse the several facets of
globalisation.