[PD] next conv in Brasil... meaning business

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 6 10:41:22 CEST 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I think that the Montreal Pd Convention did a good job of being a community
> event while still having a academic segment.

If it is a problem to get university support then I certainly don't mind
the so-called academic segment to be handled outside of a university. It
was already somewhat like that, as the reviewers included people outside
of universities, and McGill mostly just provided the room and projector.
It could have happened in another room in the city. However I would not
spit on most any university support. São Paulo guys should at least try to
get some university support and then if there is not much or if it is
otherwise not appropriate then they can fall back on their grassroots.