[PD] Music Video done with Pd/Gem

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Thu Sep 6 16:28:14 CEST 2007

Vircy Parker wrote:
> curious!  Can you explain how did you save the video?

I've used [pix_write] to get .jpg images and then combined these to a
movie and added the audio via mencoder:

mencoder -mf fps=17.79 -ffourcc DX50 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=9800:aspect=4/3:vhq:keyint=15 -audiofile
verspuckte_Schlucke.mp3 -oac copy -vf scale=640:480 -o
residuum-verspuckte_schlucke.avi mf://*.jpg

Actually, the capturing is quite CPU consuming, the patch was running
with 40 fps, but after a calculation of the number of screenshots, I
only got 17.79 fps, and that on a fairly new laptop computer I have
borrowed for that purpose (my machine was way to slow).

cu Thomas
--
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."