[PD] compiling pd extended from CVS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 6 20:29:54 CEST 2007

eric labelle wrote:
> I've disabled mpeg3 because the "missing" libmpeg3.h get bugging up the
> Gem compile. Now I have Gem compiled and installed but Pd can't seem to
> load it! Here is what Pd tells me:
>
> ./Gem.pd_linux: ./Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: glGetShaderInfoLog
> Gem: can't load library
>
> I really have no clue and am really new to Pd so maybe it's something
> obvious but to me it isn't lol :S
>
> Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

this has been discussed several times on the list; in case you do not
know it, you can access (and search!) the archives of the pd-list at
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list

apart from that: you have some weird driver (libGL) vs. headerfiles
(GL/) discrepancy that is "normal" to mesa.
Gem tries to use openGL-2.0 features which are not supported by your
card/openGL-driver. you can force Gem to use a certain openGL-version
with the configure-flag "--with-glversion" (try: "--with-glversion=1.5")

m,fg.asdr
IOhannes