[PD] wii-mote and puredata

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 7 08:16:23 CEST 2007

hi

on this [1] url (mikwoz means probably 'mike wonzniewski', right? hey,
cool work, btw!) you get the sources and instructions about how to
install the external. it worked out of the box here (ubuntu dapper
i386).

i exactly used the wiimote for the same purpose: to navigate in a
gem-patch. the wiimote has also (besides the ir-cam) three
accelerometers, one for each dimension. with some math you can calculate
the pitch and roll angle of the wiimote from the three accelerometer
values. i used pitch and roll angles to change the viewing direction of
the camera. further i used the "steering cross" (don't know how it is
called correctly) to change the viewpoint of the camera.

i put an example patch online [2] (it is a stripped down patch of my
last project, that is why it is not that much cleaned and well
organized). it requires Gem and my vector_abs collection [3]. probably
many stuff in that patch could be done in a simpler way, but i made it
before knowing about the object [gemlist_info]. however, it probably
gives you an idea.

[1]http://mikewoz.com/index.php?page=pd-stuff
[2]http://www.romanhaefeli.net/software/pd/wiimote_navigation_example.pd
[3]http://www.romanhaefeli.net/software/pd/vector_abs.tar.gz