[PD] small polyWaveSynth issue; udpdate available

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Sat Sep 8 17:54:28 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

The [r $1-something] receives are exposed to the outside by design, so
that all parameters can be controlled programatically and not just by
the sliders and controls of the UI.  They also permit multiple
synthesizers to be separately addressable.  Finally, $1 serves as the
prefix for [sssad], so that multiple [polyWaveSynth]s can have their
state saved or restored simultaneously.  In my current setup, I use two
[polyWaveSynth]s, and all my presets contain values for both synthesizers.

If one chooses $1 wisely, for instance "wav1", the likelihood of name
collisions is not great, I think, as the resulting receives look like
"wav1-atk" or "wav1-freq".  I understand what you're saying about
conservation of namespace, though, and I did try to use $0- whenever
possible, like in the [polyWaveVoice~] patch.

Thanks for writing,

Phil