[PD] [Pd] Building OSCx on 64-bit Debian

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 00:48:52 CEST 2007

Hi.  I acquired a p5 glove, and the Pd interface I found for it relies on
OSCx.  I've been trying to build it, having added -fPIC to it, but I get
this:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/chuckk/Glove/pd/externals/OSCx/src'
cc -Wl,-export_dynamic -shared -o sendOSC.pd_linux sendOSC.o htmsocket.o
OSC-system-dependent.o -L../../../pd/bin -lpd -lc -lm ../libOSC/libOSC.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [sendOSC.pd_linux] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chuckk/Glove/pd/externals/OSCx/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I added several paths to the INCLUDES line in src/Makefile, as the guy
suggested, with the path to a Pd src folder, but still it can't find this
-lpd.  I read man ld and tried searching for any kind of *libpd*, *pd.a*, or
*pd.so* on my entire hard drive, and none of them exist.  Should I replace
this -lpd with something else?  I tried removing it, and it built a faulty
set of OSCx objects that don't work.

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--