[PD] A system to read individual pixels from an image

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sun Sep 9 02:22:48 CEST 2007

Merhaba Batuhan,

To my knowledge, there are ways to do that in GEM.

the [pix_image] and/or [pix_multiimage} to actually load the stuff (I
personnaly use the tiff format for uncompressed images). Then use
[pix_texture] to apply them to a basic GL shape like [rectangle] or
[square] depending on the aspect ratio of the picture. Building a
subpatch/abstraction that detects this ratio and adapts the rectangle
size accordingly shouldn't be very complicated, I have an abstraction
hanging around that I could give you if you wish.

- Getting pixel color can apparently be done with [pix_data]. See help
file, never used it yet...

- [gemmouse] is your friend to get mouse coordinates and button
information from inside the gemwin.

++

Jé