[PD] writing soundfiles (was Re: (no subject))

Batuhan Bozkurt batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com
Tue Sep 11 18:07:34 CEST 2007

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> David Schaffer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>       Does anyone know the size limit of a 44.1k stereo wav file that
>> "soundfiler" can handle? So far, I haven't been able to write more than
>> 36562276 samples to a table (which represents 829 seconds of sound if I
>> get it right). What can I do in order to be able to read larger files?
>> Thank you.

You should be able to load fairly large files to tables with the -resize
option combined with -maxsize option. But there is obviously a limit. I
remember being able to load more than 1 hours of 441.k "mono" files
through soundfiler.

So sending
[read -resize -maxsize 99999999 soundfile.wav(

to soundfiler object should work. obviously there is a limit to that
maxsize sample length, and I'm not really sure about the number(and what
limits it), but this limit may have something to do with your memory
limits set in /etc/security/limits.conf if you are on linux but its just
a guess.

Batuhan