[PD] writing soundfiles (was Re: (no subject))

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 11 21:38:52 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 15:28 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Batuhan Bozkurt wrote:
>
> > Yes Martin, you are right. The purpose of 99999999 number there was to
> > make the maxsize as big as possible(one more digit and soundfiler was
> > returning an error message afair). But I think I can load files that are
> > bigger than 16777215 samples long(which makes approx. 6.3 minutes of
> > 44.1kHz mono file). I'll check tonight and report.
>
> What we're saying is that, even if you can do it, many objects will fail
> at supporting you in the reading of that data.

and when reading from a table (at least with the tabread~ objects) in
that area, it will sound bad, because the index jumps from even to even
number or, in higher ranges, only from multiples of 4 to multiples of 4
etc. in short: it'll sound bad. that is why using huge tables isn't a
good idea, anyway.

roman