[PD] representning classes and selectors in the wiki

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 12 09:21:11 CEST 2007

Hans Steiner wrote:
> Here's my first stab at representing classes, selectors, and
> libraries in the wiki:
>
> http://pdpedia.at.or.at/test/index.php
>
> Feedback please!

i don't understand the differentiation between the toplevel "Class" and
"Library": e.g.
Library/zexy vs. Class/zexy/drip
why not do:

/zexy/drip (for the class-description)
/zexy (for a general library descriptions, including all subitems in the
folder (objects in the library))

furthermore, the "selectors" secion doubles information from
puredata.info for no apparent reason.

i thought the idea behind the wiki was to create a community maintained
database rather than re-create the entire online documentation.
for this we can well use the old puredata.info portal.

> (keep in mind, this pdpedia is on a very old slow server.  It'll be
> moving to a dual 2GHz G5 shortly).

yeah, i wanted to ask that: the site seems to be as slow as the
puredata.info plone-site; so we could have used that instead without
having to setup a new server.... :-)

fmga.sdr
IOhannes