[PD] pix_multiimage problem

Patrick Valiquet p.valiquet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:49:53 CEST 2007

Thanks for the info Iohannes. Should have known it would be a driver
issue. Unfortunately the problem persists whether I compile with or
without ImageMagick.

I'd troubleshooting to try to find a way to work around this. The
problem was that the images I'm sending to [pix_multiimage] are being
generated by a script which writes a different number of images in a
new directory every time it runs and then sends info about where and
how many to PD. If there was only one image generated, it was sending
the message:

[open ./directory/*.jpg 1(

...but apparently [pix_multiimage] wants at least two pictures to work
with and will crash pd (because of the driver bug you mentioned) when
it only finds an image called 0.jpg

That's easy enough to fix (I can make the script generate an extra
dummy image when it only wants to make one)... but I have run into a
second problem.

After I've loaded a set of pictures into [pix_multiimage], I try to
replace it with a second set of images. When I send the message to
load the second set, I get an exception with:
*** glibc detected *** pd: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08446244 ***

Is this normal behaviour? Should it be possible to change the contents
of pix_multiimage on the fly? Otherwise I suppose I can imitate
pix_multiimage with a pix_buffer...

Thanks again,
Patrick

--
Use value is, by no means, the thing "qu-on aime pour lui-meme" in the
production of commodities.