[PD] "object" or "class" in pdpedia

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Sep 13 11:13:54 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> my vote is for object, although it's technically incorrect.
> Thinking of my course next semester, i guess i would have a hard time
> explaining the class/object difference to the students, most of who
> have no programming experience at all.
> I tend to think that for pd this differentiation is not really an
> issue outside external programming (which isn't targetted in this
> discussion).

This is a "me too"-message from me: For the same reasons as Thomas I'd
prefer to stick with "object". While "class" is more correct, I think
the difference is something only computer scientists are interested
in and Pd has a tradition of not always following the path of
mainstream computer science anyway, because it's not a tool mainly
targetting computer scientists but one targetting artists. I'd say,,
reserve the term class for pd-dev.

Ciao