[PD] "object" or "class" in pdpedia

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:51:40 CEST 2007

Thomas Grill wrote:
> For abstractions, the word is "abstraction". An abstraction in turn
> contains objects that may be of type "message", "sub patch",
> "abstraction" or "external/binary object".
> I always use "external object" to mean an object that can't be opened as
> a patch.

for pdpedia I would like to have the same page layout for external
objects and abstractions. I am talking about standardized abstractions
like the pdmtl abstractions. I refer to the pd fileformat, that lists
abstractions as "obj". I therefore tend to call abstraction also "objects".
a message in my opinion is no object. I think also a sub patch is not a
real object, although it is created in an object box. (if you open the
pd file with a text editor, you will not find the word "obj", it is a
canvas, which is also not an object for me, I am not sure about
atomboxes (numbers and symbols). but also arrays and comments are no
objects in that sense.
otherwise, please can someone find a meta term for "everything that can
be created inside an objectbox (ctrl-1)".
marius.