[PD] PD 0.39.3-extended-rc5 pretty solid?

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 14 22:24:36 CEST 2007

Hi Hans,

I'm refactoring the synthesizer I released a couple of weeks ago
(polywavesynth  -- no more camels, Frank!), and I very much want to use
Mr. Peach's OSC object, which are rolled into 0.39.3-ex-rc5.  I'm
wondering if it's wise, at this point, to require 0.39.3-ex-rc5 for my
synth?  It seems pretty stable -- it's just that it's still in
autobuilds and I don't know if it needs to be frozen before I should
specify it -- keeping in mind that it might be novices downloading and
using this rc5.

I'm also eagerly following the 0.40 autobuilds (or was, until the
MacIntel machine disappeared :-) ), and look forward to a stable release
there - but I suppose that's a bit further away, eh?

Thanks for what you do with PD-extended; there wouldn't be a chance of
an object like polywavesynth being usable by novices without it.

Phil Stone
pkstonemusic.com