[PD] PD 0.39.3-extended-rc5 pretty solid?

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 00:34:08 CEST 2007

Hi Phil,

I know Hans is probably the person who needs to answer this with any
authority, but I think rc5 is totally rippin'... for general use it almost
never crashes for me on linux (this depends on what libs you load and use
though, naturally).  And it has that sexy Deja Vu Sans Mono font!

If your novices will be using different OSes, in my experience pd-extended
is probably the simplest way to get around the potential headaches.  Your
other options would be putting together packages (zip files?) of the
binaries (you would have to have them for each architecture in use) or going
with the crusty crustacean 0.38-4 extended.

Kevin

On 9/14/07, Phil Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I'm refactoring the synthesizer I released a couple of weeks ago
> (polywavesynth  -- no more camels, Frank!), and I very much want to use
> Mr. Peach's OSC object, which are rolled into 0.39.3-ex-rc5.  I'm
> wondering if it's wise, at this point, to require 0.39.3-ex-rc5 for my
> synth?  It seems pretty stable -- it's just that it's still in
> autobuilds and I don't know if it needs to be frozen before I should
> specify it -- keeping in mind that it might be novices downloading and
> using this rc5.
>
> I'm also eagerly following the 0.40 autobuilds (or was, until the
> MacIntel machine disappeared :-) ), and look forward to a stable release
> there - but I suppose that's a bit further away, eh?
>
> Thanks for what you do with PD-extended; there wouldn't be a chance of
> an object like polywavesynth being usable by novices without it.
>

> Phil Stone
> pkstonemusic.com

++++
http://pocketkm.blogspot.com