[PD] pddp drafts

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:54:11 CEST 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> you will need iemlib, zexy, pd 0.39.
>
> In my opinion, this is a complete nogo: help patches must not require
> any externals besides the external they explain and some related ones.

well, it was more for convenience. I use niagara and packel, because I
am not so used to the new list-abs. and I use iem_send because it is
much easier to use than the workarounds for dynamic send.
the only object that cannot be created by pd core objects is
[operating_system]. I used that to demonstrate the possibilities of
on-the-fly scripting.
otoh, I think pd-extended or any packged pd distro will always include
these libraries. pddp is in some way a side product of pd-extended. if
we only stick with core pd, we could also stay with the core help
patches...
I don't see why help patches should not make use of the "full" pd resources.
what exactly are your points against relying on other libraries?
marius.