[PD] pddp drafts

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 16 19:38:36 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 12:08 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:
>
> > just finished my templates. I did not concentrate so much on content and
> > layout, but on the question how to make different patch layouts with
> > stylesheets.
>
> Works on Linux, too.
>
> > you will need iemlib, zexy, pd 0.39.
>
> In my opinion, this is a complete nogo: help patches must not require
> any externals besides the external they explain and some related ones.

first: i agree with frank. having to have additional externals installed
destroys the whole idea of accessing information by the most simple way.
for me it is very clear, that making help patches dependent on third
party externals (others than the help patches describe) is certainly not
the way to go.

second:
i am pretty sure, that the only object of zexy, that cannot be replaced
by internals, is [symbol2list] (which i really would like to have
included in pd, but thats a different story). if you are not using this
object, then go on while skipping zexy. tell me if you need help. i
would also be interested, which objects from iemlib you use.

roman