[PD] pddp drafts

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Sep 17 00:10:12 CEST 2007

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> otoh, I think pd-extended or any packged pd distro will always include
> these libraries. pddp is in some way a side product of pd-extended.

But even then, shouldn't you use proper namespaces and [import]? ;)
But even then, I don't think, pddp should be restricted to only work
with pd-extended.

> I don't see why help patches should not make use of the "full" pd resources.
> what exactly are your points against relying on other libraries?

I'm only against this for help-patches or templates for help-patches,
as this is the central ressource to get info on how to use an object.
Relying on externals "just for good looks" i.e. without any technical
need breaks easy accessibility of documentation.

Ciao