[PD] pddp drafts

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:05:36 CEST 2007

hey,
you give me the feeling that I am the bad guy with the bulldozer, trying
to ruin all your efforts to keep pd pure and original.
I think it is a fact that objects that do exist in an external library
will not be included into the core pd, even if they are super cool and
bugfree objects. pd behaves different than a big company that tries to
swallow the neighborhood and integrate it into the core company. pd is a
collaboration project. I see no reason to distinguish between core and
rest. as long as the libraries are available and run on all systems. and
pd-extended helps really made life a lot easier.
the problem of pd help with externals is not if it looks better, but if
it saves hundreds of hours of work!
when I am able to set a language in my pd help, then I don't have to
replace 2000 times the words inlets with "eingang" but I can do that
from a central document. and just translate the rest of the patch (which
is still enough work).
And if such a feature would rely on an external object (like iem_send),
then I definitely think we should use it.

sorry, I don't know how and if the namespace works since I only read
what is NOT working, and that there are NO standards, and nobody is
willing to agree on rules. I really hope, there will be an entry about
[import] in the pdpedia.

marius.