[PD] making more rradical objects

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:26:36 CEST 2007

On 9/17/07, Kevin McCoy <km.takewithyou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Luke, that would be great if you could show me some of that, I would
> really appreciate it.

OK, I dug up the code.  I'm just including my full-blown careGUI
replacement, but the only change necessary for this is the [t b b] split
from the "save" button, with the right bang banging [s SAVE_PREP] before
actually sending the save message to [caretaker].

The SAVE_PREP then bangs some zexy objects (I think they're zexy), which
grab the size and contents of the array and put them into commun, so the
when the left bang (from the t b b described above) fires, the data is in
commun and waiting to be written.
On load, I split off the table size parameter to resize the table (in case
it's been resized since), then dump the data back in with [tabset] (again, I
think from zexy).

You could definitely achieve this without any of those externals; I just
figured they'd be faster.  I'll leave that as an exercise : ).

Hope that helps!
Luke