[PD] inconsistencies with lib names (was: representning classes

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 18 23:26:30 CEST 2007

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Date: 2007/09/18 Tue PM 04:51:57 EDT
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] inconsistencies with lib names (was: representning classes
>
> Hallo,
> Thomas O Fredericks hat gesagt: // Thomas O Fredericks wrote:
>
> > "It looks like the function do_open_via_path in s_path.c is the one to
> > fix..."
> >
> > Wow, talk about solving a big problem with the most simple solution!
> > If this were implemented (and that could be done in one day instead of
> > years),
>
> If it was implemented, which one would become [once]:
>
> extra/purepd/once.pd
> extra/iemabs/once.pd
> extra/pdmtl/flow/once.pd
>
> or maybe:
>
> extra/iem/spatialization/VARESE/app/iemabs/once.pd
> extra/CUBEmixer/lib/libs/iemabs/once.pd

The first one found would be the right one. It's not pd's problem if there exist more than one file with the same name. Surely that's up to the creators of the files to sort out. The alternative of using paths for each and every object is a massive kludge that's going to fall on your head and crush you sooner or later, at least I can already feel it pushing me into the mud :(
[possibly/the/worst/idea/ever/invented/once]

Martin