[PD] [; pd init(

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 20 19:34:53 CEST 2007

> Steffen wrote:
> On 18/09/2007, at 19.34, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > [; pd init( crashes Pd here (Linux),
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> > so it's clearly a bug somewhere.
> > Or rather here, according to gdb:
> >
> > #38 0xb7d0b161 in vsnprintf () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
>
> Woo. That's all double dutch to me - or rather an argot i don't know.

It means basically that pd crashed in the function vsnprintf, which is in libc. libc probably isn't buggy though, it's more likely that the parameters passed by pd were not good. Looking in the pd source code shows that vsnprintf is called in the function sys_vgui in the file s_inter.c (and also in s_print.c, but that's probably not relevant here). Now someone needs to check the calling parameters...

Martin