[PD] pdpedia - creation of png images of patches

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 14:48:56 CEST 2007

btw, Pd does recognise "print", Frank also helped me get this going

But: It uses old style netreceive which is suicide to run on a server.

The attached patch was used to print out live snapshots of graphs in
running Pd patches.

Send two commands on the socket, first one open the patch you want,
sleep is needed or you get a blank page, second one tells Pd to print.

>From Perl

print "opening Pd file\n";
$pdopencmd = "echo \"pd open $pdfile ./;\""." "." | pdsend 3001"; # open new Pd file
system($pdopencmd);
sleep(2);
print "printing pd to postscript\n";
$pdprintcmd =  "echo \"pd-$pdfile print $pdfile.ps;\" | pdsend 3001"; #print ps image
system($pdprintcmd);