[PD] pdpedia - creation of png images of patches

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 22:21:35 CEST 2007

Yes, stupid me, print is part of pd-gui not pd.

I was thinking this: The diagram is the program -> The program is the diagram.
Surely a Pd file contains everything needed to make a printout of it, better
than an ascii diagram, perhaps use Gimp GD or somehow convert each line

#X obj X Y objectname;

to a little box. But then I can't figure how you'd do the inlets/outlets
and connections without a list of object properties. Is that impossible?
It seems The diagram is the program !-> The program is the diagram. :(

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:52:51 +0200
Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:
>
> > btw, Pd does recognise "print", Frank also helped me get this going
> >
> > But: It uses old style netreceive which is suicide to run on a server.
>
> A problem with running on a server is that with -nogui you seem to be
> unable to do a lot of the dynamic patching tricks and especially
> the "print" command I couldn't get to work without gui.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

Use the source