[PD] pd-0.40.3 anti-aliased (screenshot)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Sep 23 02:23:26 CEST 2007

I think that fighting against Tk and different font files is not a
good option.  That's basically what we have now, and it's not working
well.  I don't think fighting more against Tk will make things better.

I think the best option is to use a standard font that is known to be
the same size on all platforms.  Like Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.
There are others as well. Inconsolata looks quite promising, but
isn't done yet.

The other option is to choose fonts that are proven to be the same
size.  Courier has proven to be different sizes on each platform.
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono and Monaco (included in Mac OS X) are quite
close.  I think that Lucida Console (included in Windows) could be
quite close as well, but I haven't measured it.

.hc