[PD] [PD-announce] [Studio XX] OFFRE D'EMPLOI : DIRECTRICE GÉNÉRALE :: JOB : GENERAL DIRECTOR

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Sep 23 20:17:03 CEST 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, pueblo at mail.ljudmila.org wrote:

>> This email makes me realize that pd/pd-list is mostly used by male
>> users/subscribers... damn. I'm mostly interested in showing girls how pd
>> works and how cool it is. Interested ladys ? (:
> I think many women in this list would just ignore your comment ;)
> Please, do have in mind that the reason many don't have access to
> sophisticated tools like Pd is because there are not sufficient means of
> mediation/translation/teaching/learning not because of gender speculations

I can't make sense of this at all. We're talking about the woman/people
ratio in the pd community. If you talk about something gender-independent,
it ought to not change the ratio. So we're not talking about
gender-independent things here (though perhaps we talk about things that
we wish would be gender-independent...)

So are you saying that women have less knowledge of English, or that women
have trouble learning outside of a teacher-student relationship, or that
women think that they deserve mature documentation before they even start
learning, or that women are less persistent, or that they are not
motivated to get into that discipline because... I don't know. You will
tell us what it is like.