[PD] Manual conversion of a Pure Data file in Max/MSP

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 23:52:57 CEST 2007

I think the question here is "how can I tell which order they were connected
in the Pd patch" (in order to rebuild it in Max). I am unsure about this, but
as I said on the forum - read the Pd file because the order of the connection
matrix is the order of creation. But since the *evaluation order* is undefined
I don't really think this will help.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:47:49 +0200
Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> CUNHA Claudio hat gesagt: // CUNHA Claudio wrote:
>
> > I must to convert manually a Pure Data patch in Max/MSP but I have a problem...
> >
> > In Max/MSP, if an object's outlet is connected to several destinations, corresponding messages are always sent in right-to-left screen order. But in Pure Data, the messages are sent in the order you made the connections in.
> >
> > How then I do to know the order in which objects were placed?
>
> You just don't!
>
> That's why the correct way to patch is to always use
> [trigger]-objects. (Never believe a patch unless it has a [t] object
> inside!)
>
> > A person said me that I must to put some "triggers" in the PD file and that it should be checked that it functions correctly... And then I put "triggers" in a Max/MSP file for working in the same order... But is there no other solutions???
>
> No other solution: you have to use triggers!
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

Use the source