[PD] Command line-magic for PDP-compatibliness?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 25 21:26:51 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 16:56 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> ah i see:
> MEncoder dev-SVN-rUNKNOWN-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
>
> which doesn't know the
> "i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames" option.
>
> probably i should go and read the manual...

[OT]

yo, the binary releases of mplayer/mencoder are actually quite old.
since you seem to use an actual svn checkout, you don't need the option
anymore. this option was mandatory to use, when writing into other
containers than avi, because lavf was broken for quite a long time and
could not handle streams containing b-frames correctly.

roman