[PD] fundamental hot/cold midi question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Sep 26 19:19:38 CEST 2007

Hallo,
David Powers hat gesagt: // David Powers wrote:

> Actually, once you get used to PD, max patches typically look far less
> 'logical', in my opinion.

Actually I believe that even among Max users, using the trigger is
considered good practice (at least the Max users in my area tell me
this.) In Pd, this good practice is enforced or rather, the bad
practice will get you into trouble soon, while in Max you have a bit
more time before you get into trouble as well. ;)

Triggers are a bit inconventient, of course, as it's an additional
object to create plus more connections to make. I think, Matju once
had the idea of a magically appearing trigger-like outlet extension,
that would pop up as soon as you try to draw another patch cord from
an already connected outlet.

Ciao