[PD] fundamental hot/cold midi question

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 00:54:15 CEST 2007

> this is clearly a problem of your side, and i would even consider it as
> a bug of the patch. use [trigger]s, whereever you can. this is MUCH
> cleaner, than max' graphic representation, that can be messed up so
> easily.

After some thought on the subject, I realize that of course if the Pd
language states that multiple lines coming from an outlet have an
undefined order, then the inability to determine their ordering cannot
be considered a deficit.  So I'll rephrase my previous assertion that
this is a fundamental problem with Pd:

This is a fundamental _issue_ with Pd, which some might consider
problematic, or at the very least, annoying.  But by definition, not
technically erroneous.

I think that perhaps better summarizes my opinion here..

Since [t] is the official work-around for this issue it's certainly no
show-stopper, but I think it would be nice, imho, if there were a
cleaner way of representing this.  But it's certainly not as important
as other things that need work.  However, as seen in this thread, it
is sometimes an very confusing issue for beginners in Pd, especially
if they have any kind of previous experience with Max.

Steve