[PD] fundamental hot/cold midi question

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 27 06:19:30 CEST 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Even the usual example of a reversed inlet-order, [timer], is reversed
> *because* outlets of important other objects fire right to left, namely
> [t b b] which gives the nice
>
> [t b b]
> |     |
> [timer]
>
> idiom without crossing wires.

There is a use for both

[t b b]
  |   |
[realtime]

and

[t b b]
   \ /
   / \
[realtime]

and I don't think that the straight line pattern is any cleaner than the
crossed line pattern. I use both all of the time. Many object classes have
both a use with straight lines and a use with crossed lines. Crossed lines
themselves are not bad. It's not like it's any hard to follow the flow
along a small cross.