[PD] Monaco on OS X is not anti-aliased at size 10

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Sep 30 17:10:29 CEST 2007

That's controlled by a user preference.  In System Prefernences,
check the bottom of the "Appearance" panel, you'll see an option
called "Turn off text smoothing for font sizes XXX and smaller".

.hc

On Sep 30, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Luke Iannini (pd) wrote:

> Monaco does not render with anti-aliasing at size 10, though it is
> AA'd at 8 and at 11 and up.  I'm not sure why this is; I poked
> around a bit on Google to no avail.  In Terminal.app there is an
> option to use AA that seems to override that issue ( i.e. it
> renders 10pt Monaco with AA).
>
> Anyhow, I just switched to Bitstream.  But having the non-AA as
> default is probably a bad idea since it looks terrible : ).
>
> Cheers
> Luke

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.