[PD] wiimote for macosx

Mike Wozniewski mike at mikewoz.com
Mon Oct 1 18:50:46 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen,

If you're referring to the [wiimote] object that I wrote
(http://mikewoz.com/index.php?page=pd-stuff), then it's not possible,
because the library it uses is Linux-only. At that time, there were no
cross-platform libraries for the wii controller, so I chose a Linux
library and developed an external to interface with it. There were
already solutions for Windows (using GlovePIE) and for OSX (using
aka.wiiremote), so I didn't bother with that.

I see that aka.wiiremote
(http://www.iamas.ac.jp/%7Eaka/max/#aka_wiiremote) is for Max/MSP only,
but I'm sure someone could port that to Pd quite easily. I guess that's
what Hans was trying in Zaragoza? (as mentioned below).

Otherwise, I'd suggest that you try Darwiinmote
(http://blog.hiroaki.jp/2006/12/000433.html), which can emulate keyboard
and mouse events. You can then use Pd to capture and process those events.

I hope this helps,
-Mike