[PD] Bug in lister (zexy) ?

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net
Mon Oct 1 22:47:56 CEST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 15:36:02 IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> appreciating that you found a bug in [lister] (which has been around for
> quite a while and i do believe it was useful and used), i cannot follow
> your arguing:
> though shalt not use aliases for buggy objects
> though shalt not use 1-character names for buggy objects
> though shalt rename buggy objects to [buggy_<objectname>]
> though shalt not use buggy objects
> though shalt not write buggy objects
>
> not much left to use then...

Did I write anything that could be interpreted as offensive ? If yes I'm
sorry.
I'm not blaming anybody for the (arguably small) issue at hand, we were just
discussing the reasons why one would expect certain objects to have shortcuts
or not. Of course "bugginess" can't be a criterion as nobody knows a priori
whether if his code is 100% error-proof (and nobody can honestly guarantee to
write bug-free code). However, in this particular case, since we know there
are a couple issues with [lister] and since I was told it could be deprecated
in favor of [list append], my opinion is that maybe the shortcut should be
assigned to the latter in order to prevent people unaware of pd's historical
development to choose the former.