[PD] pdpedia

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:54:59 CEST 2007

hey,

pdpedia is online!

It is a child of the second pdconv in montreal and many people helped
putting it up, hans and I finally did the import of the objects and the
main layout for the site. I hope you will like it.
At the moment we still use the address http://wiki.puredata.info, but it
should be www.pdpedia.org in the next days/weeks. (at the moment
pdpedia.org is linked to a test site...)
The general idea of the project is to have better documentation of Pd,
mainly - but not only - its objectclasses. I hope it will become a
useful tool to search for objects and ways how to do things in Pd. the
search field should really work as a "how do I..."
all objects have some basic information like a short description,
library, categories, ... but we also dumped text that we found in the
helppatches to give a little help for filling in content. that is the
goal, to get many people involved in sharing knowledge about how to use
the objects, document features, and so on.
at the moment we are running without authorization, everybody can edit
and create pages (a wiki page is created by putting two brackets around
a word like [[this]] then you click on that link and can edit the new
page...). If we get in troubles with spam we will have to restrict
editing only for registered users, but everybody can register, feel free
to create an account.
if you see links like Template:blablabla in the beginning: that is a
global wiki variable. we use it for all information that is presented on
more than one page. for example the URL for a library. just fill in the
content of the variable and it will show up on all pages.
I don't want to write to much, so I stop, plese send feedback.

marius.

ps: and yes, there are some bugs still.