[PD] Music made with Pd...

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 12:00:08 CEST 2007

Some nice sounds in there Colin. I can hear some of the
synthetic and delay based effects working very well - especially
the one that sounds like a rubber band (variable delay I presume),
but it's hard to pick out what is Pd and what is one of your
crazy input devices (maybe that's the intention).

Some questions:

Can you explain more about the principle of te radio tape knife?

How do you get those bubbling sounds on FoamBoil? Is it real water?

Would you care to say anything more about which parts used Pd
and/or how you used Pd in this composition? Are any of your
patches

Good luck with your gig tomorrow.

best regards,

Andy

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:37:21 +0200
Collin Oldham <coldham at mac.com> wrote:

> ...and Arduino and Ardour and a huge box of parts and some things I
> learned at ccrma.
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/coldham/klang/bedone.mp3
>
> more about me at:
>
> http://hhttp://homepage.mac.com/coldham/klang/omepage.mac.com/coldham/klang/
>
> I'm playing these instruments with some colleagues on Oct. 4th at The
> Stone in NYC. (all the way from Berlin!) Here's a link to the calendar:
>
> http://www.thestonenyc.com/calendar.php?month=1
>
> So if you are nearby, come on down. My stuff should be particularly
> interesting to folks who are into nime or physical computing or
> interaction design. Or music, art or poetry! Please say hi!
>
> Collin Oldham

Use the source