[PD] linux - faster load first time

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 3 18:15:06 CEST 2007

Hmm, now has anyone noticed that Pd (first time after booting) starts up
progressively more slowly over the months you own a linux machine?  I'm
suspicious that there's a correlation with how much software you have
loaded on the machine.  Maybe having lots of shared libraries and programs
to use them makes dynamic linking slower (see, e.g., 'man ldconfig').

That's nothing but a guess.

cheers
Miller