[PD] sfread4~

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Oct 3 18:58:32 CEST 2007

Hi all,

 needing sfread~ with a signal inlet for varispeed and 4 point
interpolation I reworked Günter Geigers object and renamed it to
sfread4~ (hope you don't mind, Günter and thanks for the original
code!).

I didn't test it for negative speeds (it might get screwed up using
it), but it seems to work fine for positive speeds. I found a couple
of weirdnesses in the original code which seemed to make it sound a
little distorted for speeds != integer multiples. Therefore I
reorganized the perform routine and datastructs a little. It seems to
be fixed now, but use at your own risk.

The varispeed signal inlet is the leftmost inlet (therefore the third
inlet doesn't exist anymore). Note that sfread4~ will not produce any
sound if the inlet isn't connected to anything as this means a speed
value of 0. To make it play back at original speed, connect a [sig~ 1]
to the leftmost inlet.

I also attach the compiled binary for linux i386.

--
Orm