[PD] translations for pdpedia templates

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 3 19:24:41 CEST 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 6:08 PM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> Wikipedia PT has both, with Template as an alias.
>
> Among designers, teachers and etc I always heard template. Do these
> hard cases have to be 100% decided now? I can ask a portuguese
> programmer to have a look at it at some point.

It's up to you, I don't speak Portuguese :D

>>> that can be more accurate, although it sounds a bit strange
>>> (that's why I was trying to put something more language-friendly).
>>
>> "Nº de versão" looks like "version number", which is not quite
>> what "release version" means.  It is meant to mean the version of
>> the most recent release of that software.  "latest release
>> version" would be a longer term for it.
>
> that's true.
>
> what happens now? do you put the information somewhere, or must we
> copy/paste elsewhere?

I think we should proceed like this:

1) send your complete template of the translations to the list under
the name "portuguese pdpedia template" or something like that.
2) try to get feedback from other Portuguese speakers
3) after a short lazy consensus waiting period, I'll import the
templates

.hc

> Joao

----

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie