[PD] xml-rpc

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Fri Oct 5 11:05:02 CEST 2007

Hallo!

>> after I finished my script I found out that there is already an object
>> that does xml-rpc ("iemxmlrpc"). iem used it for the iArs project, but I
>> did not find the object?

It is in pd-cvs/externals/iem/iemxmlrpc/

>> I am planning to use it as a protocol to talk to a database server.
>> (sounds boring, no?)
>
> No! I was pondering how to do some mySQL inserts and queries from Pd
> just the other day. Wanna show us some tricks?

What do you wanna do (marius) ? Directly query the mySQL database ?
Then you could just do it in pyext (I posted a mySQL pyext-"external"
for pd some time ago to the list).

If you need communication to other languages or whatever, xmlrpc is nice
- I used it quite a lot for installations etc.

LG
Georg