[PD] totally absurd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 5 14:42:08 CEST 2007

matteo sisti sette wrote:
> I'm really astonished: how is it possible that the mere existence or
> non existence of a [route] object not connected to anything can
> prevent or not the crash, whatever causes it?!!!???!?!?

most likely you are experiencing memory corruption.
the instantation of another object ([route]) will just change the memory
layout sufficiently to not expose the bug.

> I know I'm giving too little information to ask for a diagnosis, but
> does anybody know of some weired bug of [route]??

as said above, it is unlikely that [route] is directly related to your
trouble. it just helps to (not) expose the real problem.

this kind of bugs is generally hard to track down.
i would suggest to create a list of all objects you are using, do a
ranking of the likelihood that they are the culprits and investigate
them separately.

also make sure that you are using the latest and greatest (well, the
greatest might be sufficient) release of any externals you are using.

fmga.dsr
IOhannes