[PD] [Pd] puredata.info download suggestion

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 7 23:35:19 CEST 2007

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> I just downloaded 8 files, Martin Peach's OSC dll's, source files, and
> pd patches.  It took a really long time.  I can't right click and
> select save link, because I save an html file.  If I click on the
> link, I get another page with another link that I can now click on and
> select save link; but it comes up without the title of the file, and I
> copy the name of each file from the name of the html page.
> I didn't have much problem with setups like this before, but now I'm
> on a slower and less reliable internet connection (in Bucharest).  If
> I could save all the files from one page, I could set them all
> downloading and do stuff in the meantime, but as is I have to wait for
> each one to load to set up the next one.  Know what I mean?
> Is this setup the default for the site, or were these files just
> uploaded that way as a fluke?
I suppose I could have uploaded a zip file with everything in it, but I
don't really maintain that any more since I have all the stuff in cvs
now. The OSC stuff on pd-info is out of date. Maybe I should delete it
all just so people don't get the wrong stuff...
If you want the compiled dlls you can get one of the autobuilds for
windows from
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/
but I see that the 040 version is missing recently. The latest is
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-09-20/Pd-0.40.3-extended-20070920-windowsxp-i386.exe
Look in pd/extra/mrpeach, and find the help files in
pd/doc/5.reference/mrpeach.

Martin