[PD] starting a new language site in pdpedia

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 8 18:02:01 CEST 2007

Hey all,

We are just starting to figure out this pdpedia thing, so know I
think we have a process that makes sense for starting a new langauge
site:

1. volunteer to be the sysop of the language
2. propose translation of template to the pd-list
3. wait for it to be approved via the standard Pd lazy consensus
4. then run the import, and go!

It looks like we are in phase #3 for portuguese and somewhere between
#1 and #2 for Turkish, Spanish, and French.  German has had
discussions of templates, but no volunteers for sysop.

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic