[PD] pd-extended 39-3 libraries load

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 9 17:05:33 CEST 2007

pit klong wrote:
>sorry, unlucky example. but again, pd-extended doesn't load a lot of
>libraries after installing. i mentioned also "dumpOSC", and so on.

I guess that's because pd doesn't drill down into the extra directory to
find things unless you specify the path.
At least on the 040 extended version, I find that I have to move all the
externals out of their directories within pd/extra and put them in pd/extra.
So for example everything in pd/extra/oscx would go into /pd/extra. The same
applies for the help patches in directories inside pd/doc/5.reference.
There's also an [import] object that you can give the name of the directory
but it doesn't work for me.
You can also use [oscx/dumpOSC] but that's messy, IMHO.
Martin