[PD] translations for pdpedia templates Nederlands

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 9 21:31:07 CEST 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:19 PM, tim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since didn't see any Nederlands verison yet, here's my attempt at one:

Cool, so you want to be the "sysop" of the Nederlands site?

> # wikipedia terms
> $stub = "beg";    // i asked this on #wikipedia-nl, and they told
> me {{beg}} (with the curly braces). 'beg' is an abbreviation for
> 'begin'

Beginnetje is also used:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorie:Beginnetje

> $template = "sjabloon";
> $category = "categorie";
> $infobox = "infobox";

> # pdpedia terms
> $objectclass = "objectklasse";
>
> # page headers
> $inlets = "ingangen";
> $outlets = "uitgangen";
> $arguments = "argumenten";
> $messages = "berichten";   // could be 'boodschappen' too, but that
> sounds a bit wierd to me, as that also means 'arrands'.
>
> # infobox
> $name = "naam";
> $description = "beschrijving";   // can also be 'omschrijving'
> $abbreviation = "afkorting";
> $library = "bibliotheek";
> $author = "auteur";
> $developer = "ontwikkelaar";
> $releaseVersion = "versie";
> just 'releasedate' ?
> $dependencies = "vereisten";     // translated freely as
> 'requirements' here, maybe there's a better word but it doesnt
> spring to mind now
> $license = "licentie";
> $website = "website";
>
> $releaseDate = "uitgebrachtOp";    // or 'gepubliceerdOp' ? or
> 'vrijgegevenOp? or
> $programmingLanguage = "programmeerTaal";
> $operatingSystem = "besturingsSysteem";
> $dataType = "dataType";

"camel case" isn't used in wikipedia (unless that's a Dutch spelling
convention).  In English, following wikipedia, these are:

Release date
Programming language
Operating system
Data type

.hc

> comments and suggestions from dutch speakers welcome !
>
> Tim

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli