[PD] That's a surprising new look

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 10 08:47:41 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> I'm a bit torn on this. I actually like the concept, but you're right,
> like all good things that make life easy they tend to erode discipline
> and structure. The patch messy and sweep it all under the rug
> philosophy is probably very appealing to many.

My performace patches typically just have one big red Toggle for
on/off and everything else under the rug. So personally I don't care
for that feature, but I fear, it may encourage creating "flat"
patches, instead of making people modularize stuff into abstractions
and build "deep" patches. But well, if it works for them ...

Ciao