[PD] pd-extended 39-3 libraries load

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 10 15:30:05 CEST 2007

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.  All of the libraries
should be loaded by default.  This is how it worked for me on the two
WinXP machines I've tested on.

Perhaps there is something stuck in the registry that is causing
problems.  Try deleting the Pd registry settings.  Delete this whole
folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pd

Careful!  You can really screw things up if you delete the wrong
thing.  Then try reinstalling using this version:

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-10-10/Pd-0.39.3-
extended-windowsxp-i386.exe

If that doesn't work, please file a bug report with as much
information as possible.

.hc

On Oct 10, 2007, at 5:05 AM, Anders Friberg wrote:

> I had for a long time similar struggles related to missing objects
> in pd-extended.
> To use the colon as separator does not seem to work on Windows -
> which makes sense since paths usually contain a colon as well.
> And if I want to use all libs in extended I have to list 51 paths
> since that is the number of folders in /pd/extra/!
> And it is very confusing (especially for a beginner) when the help
> patches in the browser do not work from the beginning.
> It would be wonderful to have a "working out-of-the-box" solution
> to this problem. (and yes - I clicked the reg file)
> pd-extended is a great effort and if this issue can be solved it
> would improve the usability enormously.
> /Anders
>
> Max Neupert wrote:
>> Am 07.10.2007 um 07:12 schrieb Luiz Naveda:
>>
>>> Nowdays I have had a strange problem. I have my own library which
>>> depends on some other libraris from PD extended. When I have to
>>> install it in other computers, I put my folders in 2 of the 10 slot-
>>> path but normally it misses 3 or 4 other libraries, so I start to
>>> look for the missing objects and rewrite all missing libraries in
>>> the 10 slots...
>>>
>> to add more entries you may use the : as a separator as described
>> here:
>>
>> http://puredata.org/docs/tutorials/TipsAndTricks#add-more-entries-to-
>> the-path-and-library-dialogs

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic